- May 1 or Mayo Uno is Labor Day and is a Philippine public holiday which is also a chance for establishments like malls to schedule great sales like 5-day sale, 4-day sale, or 3-day sale for the benefit of those buyers who want to avail great bargains.
- Three new models of Samsung Galaxy Tab, 7-inch ($199), 8-inch ($269) and 10.1-inch ($369) model, released today in the United States. All three versions come in black or white, with Wi-Fi/3G and LTE options, and run on Android 4.4 KitKat.
- P13 or 13 Pesos price increase for workers in CALABARZON (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Aurora, Quezon) region according to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) of the Philippines. It will be called socioeconomic allowance or SEA which means “no work, no SEA,” as explained by Secretary Rovelinda de la Rosa of the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board (RTWPB).
- Philippine National Police or PNP will video rallyists for security reasons against infiltrators and saboteurs but according to Renato Reyes, Jr. of the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan, it will be use for surveillance of protesters.
- Motorola's Moto X Developer Edition on sale in the United States for 24 hours only, today, for only $324.99. Moto X 16GB will cost $299.99 instead of $349.99, while the 32GB model will be sold for $324.99 instead of $399.99.
- Optional memorial celebration for St. Joseph the Worker which was established in 1955 by Pope Pius XII.
- Sharia-based penal code implemented as announced by Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah in the capital Bandar Seri Begawan wherein punishments such as amputations and death for certain crimes are included.
- 65 simultaneous job fairs with almost 115,384 vacancies from 1,985 employers from different companies held nationwide.
- 3.2 magnitude earthquake felt on Tauranga City located in the North Island of New Zealand.
- The preliminary report of the MH370 Malaysian airplane, that went mysteriously vanished two months ago, was released today according to Malaysian Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein.
- The theme for 2014 Labor Day celebration in the Philippines is, “Sa sipag, tiyaga, at talino, buong mundo saludo sa Mangagawang Pilipino”. English translation is "With industry, perseverance, and talent, the world salutes’ the Filipino Workers".
- Due to heavy rains and unexpected power interruption (brownout) in our area, we were able to watched the award-winning 2012 movie "Sinapupunan" or "Thy Womb" for only 100 pesos at Baguio Cinematheque located in Casa Vallejo, Baguio City.
|May 2014 Schedule of 100-peso Movies at Baguio Cinematheque|
New Samsung Galaxy Tabs Slated for May 1 Debut
Samsung's Galaxy Tab 4 family set for May 1 debut
Samsung Galaxy Tab4 Lineup Arriving May 1
Calabarzon workers to get P13 pay hike on May 1
FOR THE RECORD | PNP to shoot videos of May 1 rallies to ID 'troublemakers'
Moto X prices will start at $299 on May 1, Developer Edition will cost $325
Optional Memorial of St. Joseph the Worker
Brunei announces May 1 start of Sharia law implementation
DOLE Secretary Baldoz announces 65 job fairs on May 1
Preliminary report on missing plane to be released May 1: Malaysian official
Labor Day in the Philippines
Minor earthquake – Tauranga on May 1, 2014