This is an update in connection with the March 31 and April 5 posts regarding PLDT service about the VERY, VERY LATE DELIVERY OF THE HP LAPTOP AND HP PRINTER included in their 1799 Home Bro bundle promo.
- 1 - The date in March 2014, during the Panagbenga festival, when I availed of the 1799 promo.
- 1799 - The PLDT Home Bro bundle promo that comes with a laptop and printer, 799 pesos for the monthly internet fee plus 800 pesos monthly payment for the laptop and printer. A very tempting deal. BUT a very bad marketing strategy because they have not even anticipated that with this kind of promo, the devices included should have been delivered on time i.e. WITHIN 7-10 DAYS. This is where they failed. An epic fail.
- 3 - The date in March 2014 when the internet connection was activated. After 7 or 10 days, the laptop and printer will (have been) delivered. See their FAQs.
- 2 - The speed result in mbps when the internet was tested after it was connected. Although, when I tried using it, it became slow and intermittent. The DSL connection here is faster than it.
- 10 - The maximum number of working days indicated in the PLDT website that the laptop and printer will be delivered but IT DID NOT HAPPEN.
Screenshot of FAQ #5 from PLDT Home Bro Website
- 5 - The number of registered calls we made for the follow-ups and complaints regarding the status of the delivery of laptop and printer. These number should have been 8 times because 3 previous calls were disconnected in the middle of the conversation with the PLDT customer service reps.
- 5@*@*7$9% - The ticket number given to me by the PLDT customer service rep when I asked for it when I heard again (for the Nth time) their resolution to refer (or escalate) the problem to their support group and I also asked if all our complaints can be seen in their system in which I also informed her that I have been in a ticketing system line of work before and I know what it meant when you escalate or forward a ticket or a problem when you can not handle it. And to think that it is also automatic that they inform their customers the Service Requests number for any requests or escalations they created.
- 2 - The number of months before the laptop and printer was delivered.
- 3 - The date yesterday, May 3, 2014, when I finally got the laptop and printer.
- 5 - It was around 5PM when I received personally the laptop and printer after receiving a call from the delivery guy who turns out to be from DHL.
- 30 - It was the date of April 2014 indicated in the DHL consignee copy which was the day the contents were shipped coming from SMART, Cainta, Rizal. It only proves that PLDT service equals PLDT delay service. Even with their billing.
- 027712172 - The number of the person who called me awhile ago, at around 8PM, asking about the satisfaction level of my internet usage in which I categorically replied that I am not satisfied with PLDT Home Bro because of the intermittent connection. All other information regarding billing were also updated and the PLDT hotline number *1888 (for Smart and Talk N' Text subscribers) was given in case I have issues.