- Anacleto del Rosario was born on 13 July 1860 at Santa Cruz, Manila.
- He died on 2 May 1895 at the age of 34 years old due to Tuberculosis.
- His father was Eugenio del Rosario and his mother was Casimira Sales.
- His spouse was Valeriana Valdexco to whom he had a son, Jose Luis Rossessed
- He obtained his pharmacy degree from the University of Santo Tomas in 1882.
- He was regarded as the "Father of Philippine Science and Laboratory"
- He was a leading pharmacist and chemist during the Spanish period.
- He founded the Botica San Fernando in Binondo and the College of Pharmacists.
- On 6 August 1881, he was appointed by the government to the Commission with the task of studying mineral waters of the Philippines.
- On 10 March 1885, he was named Municipal Pharmacist for the North District of Binondo.
- He invented the formula for producing a pure kind of alcohol from tuba in a nipa palm which won for him the first prize during the World Fair in Paris, France in 1881.
- Del Rosario extracted castor oil from the palma christi, literally the "palm of Christ" (castor bean) which is a native plant in the Philippines.
Post a Comment