- First Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight Champion as well as the last Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion.
- First U.S. woman to earn an Olympic medal in judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008 since its inception as an Olympic sport in 1992.
- First female U.S. judoka in nearly 10 years to win an A-Level tournament as she went 5-0 to claim gold at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain.
- First U.S. athlete ever to win two Junior World Judo Championship medals.
- First female fighter to sign with the UFC, in November 2012
- First female UFC Champion
- First Olympic medalist to hold a UFC title
- First feature film role was the 2014 film The Expendables 3.
- First One-punch knockout win in UFC Women's Bantamweight division history versus Bethe Correia at UFC 190
- First female athlete to guest host ESPN's SportsCenter on October 2015
- First woman featured on the cover of Australian Men's Fitness, appearing on their November 2015 edition.
- First loss of Rousey's MMA career was when she suffered a major upset when she failed to defend her supposed-to-be seventh bantamweight title during her fight with Holly Holm who knocked her out at 0:59 of the second round at UFC 193 on 14 November 2015 but she was still awarded a Fight of the Night bonus award.
Post a Comment