- Hayden Panettiere was born on 21 August 1989 in Palisades, New York, USA.
- Her parents are both of half Italian descent (her father's father and her mother's mother were both the children of Italian immigrants). Hayden's other roots include German and English. Her parents are Lesley R. Vogel who was a former soap opera actress and Alan Lee "Skip" Panettiere who was a fire captain.
- Her younger brother is Jansen Panettiere.
- Her last name is pronounced "Pan-Hey-Tee-Air" and is the Italian translation of "Baker".
- Panettiere first appeared in commercials at the age of 11 months, beginning with an advertisement for a Playskool toy train
- In 2004, Panettiere had her first starring role in the Disney Channel film Tiger Cruise.
- Panettiere made her feature film debut with 1998's A Bug's Life, but her first film to actually be released was the same year's The Object of My Affection, in which she appears briefly as a mermaid in the school play in the opening scene.
- Panettiere's first single, "Wake Up Call", was digitally released on August 5, 2008.
- She is the second-ever recipient of The Wyler Award (which honors a celebrity who has raised awareness of animal issues) for her on-the-ground work to expose Japan's slaughter of dolphins.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 25, a daughter named Kaya Evdokia Klitschko on 9 December 2014 andChild's father is fiancé, Wladimir Klitschko.
- In November 2007, she was awarded the "Compassion in Action Award" from the animal rights group PETA for her efforts to stop the dolphin hunt in Japan.
- In September 2008, Panettiere launched her own line of calfskin leather bags for the company Dooney & Bourke.