- His full name is Carlos Polistico Garcia.
- He was born in Talibon, Bohol on 4 November 1896.
- He died from a fatal heart attack at the age of 74 on 14 June 1971.
- He was a lawyer, poet, teacher and a guerrilla leader too.
- He was the vice president of Magsaysay and Secretary of Foreign Affairs for 4 years.
- He became the 8th President of the Philippines and 4th President of the Third Republic (18 March 1957 - 30 December 1961) when Magsaysay died in 1957.
- He was famous for his Filipino First Policy.
- He established the Austerity Program focusing on Filipino trade and commerce.
- He was one of the founders of the Association for Southeast Asia in 1963 wwhich is now called Association for Southeast Asian Nations or ASEAN.
- He was known as the "Prince of Visayan Poets" and the "bard from Bohol".
- Cultural arts was revived during his term.
- He became the first layman to lie in state at the Manila Cathedral which is an honour previously reserved for deceased Archbishops of Manila and the first president to have his remains buried at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.
TAGALOG LANG - Filipino Presidents - Biography and Accomplishments
Achievements of president Carlos Garcia
Presidents of the Philippines and their Achievements and Contributions
Carlos P. Garcia