- The 2017 NBA All-Star Game, an exhibition basketball game that played on 19 February 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana at the Smoothie King Center.
- It was the 66th edition of the NBA All-Star Game event.
- The West won the 2017 NBA All-Star Game, 192-182.
- The MVP of the game was Anthony Davis, who scored 52 points, the most ever scored by a player in an All-Star Game.
- It was initially planned to be held at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, home of the Charlotte Hornets.
- If the game had remained in Charlotte, it would have been the second time that Charlotte hosted the All-Star Game.
- The rosters for the All-Star Game are selected through a voting process.
- The starters for the first time are chosen by not only the fans, but also by the media and current NBA players. Fans make up 50% of the vote, and NBA players and media each comprise 25% of the vote.
- The Golden State Warriors had the best record in the Western Conference, therefore making Steve Kerr the Western Conference head coach.
- Brad Stevens, coach of the Boston Celtics, will be the head coach for the Eastern Conference team.
- On 19 August 2016, the NBA chose the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, home of the New Orleans Pelicans to host the All-Star Game, after it was pulled out of Charlotte because of the controversy surrounding North Carolina's "bathroom bill", better known as HB2.
- The 2017 NBA All-Star Game is the first major sporting event in the United States to be relocated for political reasons since 1990.
Post a Comment