Stock Code | Company Name | % Return in 2014 | Company Description
- PLC | Premium Leisure | 674.55% | Premium Leisure Corp. (PLC), formerly Sinophil Corporation (SINO), was originally incorporated on November 26, 1993 as Sinophil Exploration Co. with oil and gas exploration and development as its primary purpose. On June 3, 1997, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved SINO's application for a change in primary purpose from oil and gas exploration and development to investment holding. On September 5, 2014, the SEC approved the change in SINO's corporate name to the present one, and the Company moved to change the stock symbol to PLC. The SEC also approved the change in the Company's primary purpose to that of engagement and/or investment in gaming-related businesses. Through its partnership with Melco Crown Entertainment, a developer and operator of integrated gaming resorts in Macau, PLC has an interest in the development of City of Dreams Manila, an integrated entertainment and gaming complex located at the PAGCOR Entertainment City in Parañaque. The Entertainment City is a project of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation, the government agency that regulates integrated resort operations in the country. PLC also owns a 34.5% stake in Pacific Online Systems Corporation (LOTO), a company that provides lottery software and equipment to the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO), which is the government entity that runs lottery operations in the country. LOTO brokers technology from global suppliers of integrated gaming systems and leases these products to PCSO. LOTO enables the PCSO to distribute its lottery products nationwide.
- IS | Island Info | 662.50% | Island Information & Technology, Inc. (IS) was originally incorporated on December 10, 1959 as Island Oil Company to primarily engage in oil exploration and mineral development projects. Due to losses incurred, the management decided to shift its oil exploration activities to metal mining in the province of Isabela, thus changing its name from Island Oil Company to Island Mining & Industrial Corporation on January 20, 1965. The increasing costs of operations, fluctuating price of metals in the world market and deteriorating peace and order situation severely affected the mining operations of IS, thus, the management decided to suspend its operations on November 28, 1981. In 2000, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved another change in the Company's corporate name to its present name, and the change in its primary purpose to information technology. On April 4, 2005, SEC approved yet another amendment to the IS' articles of incorporation, particularly its primary and secondary purposes. The new primary purpose of IS is to provide cargo container management and integrated logistics services. Its secondary purpose on the other hand, is the provision of information technology services.
- RPL | iRipple | 494.23% | iRipple, Inc. (RPL) was incorporated on November 21, 2000 to establish, operate, develop, manage and provide software solution projects and related businesses as well as to engage in trading of computer hardware and software products. RPL started commercial operations in January 2002. On September 28, 2012, the subsidiary, iRipple Sdn Bhd was incorporated in Malaysia. The Company is the developer of Barter™ Merchandise Management Solution (MMS), a locally developed software solution designed to support the entire merchandising operations of businesses engaged in the buying and selling of goods. Barter™ MMS integrates point-of-sale (POS) transaction data with back-office business functions. In effect, the software can manage the complete retail process including supplier, product, customer and user profiles, as well as generate the corresponding business documents, reports and data analysis. In September 2006, the Company released Barter™ 8 - Supermarket, which is considered as the second generation of Barter™. Barter™ 8 - Supermarket is a software solution specifically designed and developed for the supermarket and department store market segments and is a pre-packaged MMS software that can be implemented across the entire range of supermarkets, department stores, and other retail outlets that carry a wide variety of merchandise, within a relatively short timeframe. The Company is an authorized reseller of IBM and HP servers and POS equipment, Epson printers, and Symbol-Motorola scanners. Under the re-seller agreement, IBM, HP, Epson, and Symbol-Motorola charge the Company at dealer prices and in turn, the Company supplies IBM and HP POS equipment, Epson printers and Symbol-Motorola scanners to their Barter™ clients at a margin. As of December 31, 2013, RPL has deployed BarterTM in more than 1, 100 branches nationwide. This includes BarterTM solutions for retail, distribution, pharmaceutical, and convenience store market segments. As of the same date, Barter POS Solution was installed to approximately 5,000 units all over the Philippines.
- CAT | Central Azucarera de Tarlac | 457.50% | Incorporated on June 19, 1927, Central Azucarera de Tarlac (CAT) operates a sugar mill and refinery, distillery and carbon dioxide plants in Barrio San Miguel, Tarlac City. The sugar cane milled is sourced within the Tarlac district and nearby towns of Pampanga. CAT's main products are raw and refined sugar, with the mill and refinery process also producing molasses as a by-product. The combined captive molasses are further processed in the distillery to produce alcohol. The various types of alcohol regularly produced and sold are rectified spirits (purified alcohol), absolute alcohol and denatured alcohol. The slops from the distillery are also captured by the carbon dioxide plant to produce liquid carbon dioxide also in tandem with the distillery.
- MAXS | Max's Group | 225.17% | Max's Group, Inc. (MAXS), formerly Pancake House, Inc. (PCKH), was incorporated on March 1, 2000 and is principally engaged in the development, operation, and franchising of food brands, namely, Max's Restaurant and Pancake House. In addition, either directly or through subsidiaries, the Company owns and operates other restaurant brands such as Dencio's, Kabisera ng Dencio's, Teriyaki Boy, Sizzlin' Pepper Steak, Le Coeur De France, Maple, and Yellow Cab. The Company also locally operates international food brands like Krispy Kreme, Jamba Juice, and The Chicken Rice Shop. On December 20, 2013, the Company announced an agreement to sell to the Max's Group of Companies (Max's Group) all of its shares in PCKH. The acquisition was successfully completed on February 24, 2014. Further, on July 1, 2014, the Company announced that it will acquire all of the outstanding shares of several Max's Group entities and will effectively combine the restaurant brands of the Max's Group and PCKH. Each acquired Max's Group entity will continue to operate as a separate subsidiary of PCKH. On August 22, 2014, the Securities and Exchange Commission approved the change in the corporate name and stock symbol of PCKH to the present one. Altogether, the Company and its subsidiaries have a network of 498 outlets nationwide and 27 outlets abroad.
- NIKL | Nickel Asia | 213.16% | Nickel Asia Corporation (NIKL) was originally formed and operated as a British Virgin Islands company (NAC BVI) in 2006 by combining Hinatuan Mining Corporation (HMC), which owned majority stakes in Taganito Mining Corporation (TMC) and Cagdianao Mining Corporation (CMC), and Rio Tuba Nickel Mining Corporation (RTNMC) under a single entity. On July 24, 2008, NIKL was registered with the Philippine SEC and in March 2009, pursuant to a plan of merger between NIKL and NAC BVI, the Company was reorganized to make NIKL the holding company of NAC BVI's subsidiaries. NKL is primarily engaged in investing in and holding of assets of every kind and description and wherever situated, as and to the extent permitted by law. It is also registered, within the limits prescribed by law, to engage in business of mining of all kinds of ore, metals, and minerals. NIKL is a global supplier of lateritic nickel ore, and operates as a nickel mining company in the Philippines. The Company owns four operating mines, namely: Rio Tuba, Taganito, Cagdianao and Taganaan sites, all of which are located in the southern half of the country. As of December 2013, NIKL's subsidiaries include HMC, TMC, CMC, RTNMC, Faick Ecp Inc., La Costa Shipping and Lighterage Corporation, Samar Nickel Mining Resources Corp., and Cordillera Exploration Co., Inc.
- CMT | Southeast Asia Cement | 166.02% | Global Ferronickel Holdings, Inc. (FNI), formerly Southeast Asia Cement Holdings, Inc. (CMT), was established on May 3, 1994 as a holding company. As a holding company, CMT held 1,548,614,753 common shares of industrial material manufacturer Lafarge Republic, Inc., which was subsequently sold in separate transactions in 2013. The Securities and Exchange Commission approved the Company's change in name to the present one on December 22, 2014. On June 7, 2013, the Company's shareholders, Calumboyan Holdings, Inc. (CHI), Lafarge Holdings (Philippines), Inc. (LHPI) and Seacem Silos, Inc. (SSI) signed a sale and purchase agreement with IHoldings, Inc., Januarius Resources Realty Corp., and Kwantlen Development Corp. (collectively IHoldings Group) for the sale of CHIs, LHPI's and SSI's respective shares of stock representing 89.87% of the Company to the IHoldings Group. CHI, LHPI and SSI further sold all of their shareholdings within the same month, causing IHoldings Group to become the new principal shareholder of CMT. In July 2014, the IHoldings Group sold its entire stake in FNI to several companies and stockholders, which intend to inject their nickel mining operations into the Company. On November 27, 2014, the Board of FNI approved the purchase of 126.50 common shares or 100% of Ferrochrome Resources, Inc. (FRI); and 500,000 common shares and 6.25 billion preferred shares or 100% of Southeast Palawan Nickel Ventures, Inc. (SPNVI). FRI has two existing operating agreements in Zambales covering a total of 4,305 hectares to explore, develop and utilize surface and underground chromite and other platinum group metals mineralization. SPNVI meanwhile has one operating agreement covering an area of about 2,835 hectares with nickel ore deposits.
- DNL | D&L Industries | 156.70% | D&L Industries, Inc. (DNL) was incorporated on July 27, 1971 primarily as the holding company for a group of companies with interests in the customization, development and manufacturing of food ingredients; colorants, additives, and engineered polymers for plastics; aerosol products; as well as manufacturing of oleochemicals, resins and powder coating. The Company also renders management and administrative services to subsidiaries and affiliate companies. The Company has four principal business lines namely, food ingredients, which manufactures a line of industrial fats and oils, specialty fats and oils, and culinary and other specialty food ingredients; colorants and plastics additives, which manufactures a line of pigment blends, color and additive masterbatches and engineered polymers for a wide range of applications, introducing a number of products into the Philippine market and expanding into the export of certain products overseas; aerosols, which manufactures three-piece aerosol cans and components and provides aerosol contract filling and compounding services; and oleochemicals, resins and powder coatings, which manufactures coconut methyl ester, also known as coco-biodiesel, using its continuous-process methyl ester plant. DNL also toll manufactures a range of related products, including insect control, industrial maintenance chemicals, and home and personal care products, among others. DNL's subsidiaries and affiliates are First in Colours, Incorporated; Aero-Pack Industries, Inc.; Oleo-Fats Incorporated; D&L Polymer and Colours, Inc. The Company holds 34% interest in Chemrez Technologies, Inc.
- DD | DoubleDragon Properties | 150.00% | DoubleDragon Properties Corp. (DD), formerly Injap Land Corporation, was established on December 9, 2009 to primarily engage in the business of real estate development and other real estate-related business ventures. The Company started commercial operations in November 2010. DD was originally 100%-owned by Injap Investments, Inc. (IJI), a holding company owned by the Sia family. In June 2012, DD became a joint venture between IJI and Honeystar Holdings Corporation, the holding company of the Tan and Ang families. The Securities and Exchange Commission approved the Company's change in name to its present one on August 1, 2012. As of December 31, 2013, DD holds 100% interest in DoubleDragon Sales Corp. and One Eleven Property Management Corp. The Company also owns 50% of Piccadilly Circus Landing Inc. (PCLI), with the Aryanna Group holding the other 50%. PCLI was the company behind the development of the Umbria Commercial Center in Biñan, Laguna. On February 17, 2014, DD and SM Investments Corporation (SM) signed an investment and shareholders' agreement wherein the former increased its shareholdings and the latter subscribed to shares in CityMall Commercial Centers, Inc., resulting in ownership of 66% and 34%, respectively. DD's projects are mostly located in Iloilo City, particularly the People's Condominium, FirstHomes Subdivision, Injap Tower, and The Uptown Place. The Company also owns the W.H. Taft Residences project in Manila after taking over the development from Philtown Properties, Inc. on November 7, 2012. DD also entered into a joint venture agreement with the City Government of Iloilo to establish a ferry terminal that will link the City of Iloilo to the Island of Guimaras.
- CIC | Concepcion Industrial Corp. | 124.05% | Concepcion Industrial Corporation (CIC), formerly Concepcion Airconditioning Corporation (CAC), was incorporated on July 17, 1997 and served as a subsidiary of Concepcion Industries Inc. (CII). The Company is primarily a holding company which operates principally through its two subsidiaries, Concepcion-Carrier Air Conditioning Company and Concepcion Durables, Inc. CIC is a supplier of air conditioners, air conditioning solutions, and refrigerators, and is exploring a potential expansion into other consumer appliance products. Through a restructuring in 2013, CII's ownership interest in CIC was transferred to three other entities. On May 8, 2013, CIC acquired CDI from CII. On June 20, 2013, CAC was renamed to its present name. The Company is part of the Concepcion group of companies, which includes interests in air conditioning, refrigeration, durable goods, communications, malls and real estate properties. CIC has a range of solutions and after-market service across multiple international and Philippine brands including "Carrier", "Toshiba", "Condura" and "Kelvinator". These solutions are designed to serve a wide array of customers and structure types, from individuals and single families living in small residences to thousands of residents, visitors and workers spread across large residential towers and office buildings, entertainment facilities, and commercial and industrial warehouses and factories.
- VMC | Victorias Milling Company, Inc. | 123.41% | Victorias Milling Company, Inc. (VMC) is a corporation duly organized on May 7, 1919 to engage in integrated raw and refined sugar manufacturing. VMC's sugar plant facilities are located in Victorias City, Negros Occidental. The primary purpose of VMC is to operate mill and refinery facilities for sugar and allied products, as well as engineering services. On July 3, 2013, SEC approved the inclusion of ethanol and/or potable alcohol production, infrastructure, transportation, telecommunication, mining, water, power generation, recreation, and financial or credit consultancy in the Company's business purposes. In the mid-1990s, VMC encountered financial difficulties due to its failure to effectively contain rising overhead costs against a backdrop of falling domestic prices of sugar, and increasing competition from both new and expanded sugar mills and refineries. After going through different stages of legal proceedings, VMC came up with an Alternative Rehabilitation Plan (ARP) that was approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on November 29, 2000. As of August 2013, the operating subsidiaries of VMC include Victorias Foods Corporation, Victorias Agricultural Land Corporation, Canetown Development Corporation, Victorias Golf and Country Club, Inc., Victorias Quality Packaging Company, Inc., and Victorias Industrial Gases Corporation. These subsidiaries are engaged in several businesses to operate factories and other manufacturing facilities; to acquire and own agricultural and other real estate properties; to purchase, develop, lease, exchange and sell real estate; to acquire and maintain golf course and tennis courts, residential and other similar facilities; to manufacture and sale polyethylene bags, boxes, packages and special packaging products; to import, export, buy and sell, at a wholesale or at retail of gases.
- MED | MEDCO Holdings, Inc. | 121.05% | Medco Holdings, Inc. (MED) was originally incorporated on October 23, 1969 as Mindanao Exploration & Development Corporation and engaged in mineral exploration and development. In May 1995, the international business conglomerate Lippo Group, through Citivest Asia Limited, acquired approximately 67% of the outstanding capital stock of MED. With the entry of the Lippo Group in the middle of 1995, MED embarked on a major corporate shift that resulted in its transformation into an investment holding company and the adoption of its current corporate name. In line with the change in its primary business purpose, MED had previously sold all its rights, titles, interests including all liabilities and obligations in its mining lease contracts and operating agreements to South Seas Oil & Mineral Exploration Development Co., Inc. Since then, MED had been engaged in investment holding activities. At present, MED's investment portfolio is composed of holdings in companies involved in financial services (commercial and investment banking) and trade development (operation of exhibition halls and conference facilities). MED's subsidiaries and affiliates are Medco Asia Investment Corporation, Export & Industry Bank, Inc., and Manila Exposition Complex, Inc. MED does not produce or sell any product, or offer any service. On the other hand, its significant subsidiaries do not employ any third party distributors or agents to distribute their products and services. The Company plans to implement its recapitalization plan within 2014. Given a favorable outlook on the local investment environment in 2014, MED envisions the realization and closing of a new profit-enhancing investment transaction in the near term.
Post a Comment