- Is the first foreigner ever to own and operate an Aikido dojo in Japan. Known as "Master Take Shigemichi", he was the chief instructor at the Aikido Tenshin Dojo in the city of Osaka.
- Is an Aikido master - 7th Dan.
- His first seven films were all starring roles, ending with Executive Decision (1996).
- Broke Sean Connery's wrist when he was teaching him martial arts during the filming of Never Say Never Again (1983).
- His love of guitar and appreciation of rasta music led him to study with a teacher in Jamaica, where he owns a vacation home.
- Owns a very large collection of guitars and samurai swords.
- All of his main leading role movies have been rated R except for Half Past Dead (2002) which was the only Seagal film to be PG-13.
- He and Jackie Chan are friends and Chan offered him the role of the villain in Rush Hour 3 (2007), but Seagal turned it down.
- Was asked to play a cameo in Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables (2010), but had to turn it down because of his fallout relationship with producer Avi Lerner. However, Seagal joined in another big ensemble film, Machete (2010).
- Steven Seagal received Russian citizenship on 3 November 2016.
- Married second wife Adrienne Larussa before his divorce from first wife Miyako Fujitani was finalized (they married in Japan). He eventually had the marriage to Larussa annulled when he began dating third wife Kelly LeBrock, who became pregnant with the couple's first child.
- Steven Seagal acquired Serbian citizenship on 10 January 2016.
Post a Comment