- The first Miss Earth beauty pageant was launched by Carousel Productions in 2001 to actively promote the preservation of the environment.
- Miss Afghanistan 2003 Vida Samadzai was the first candidate of Miss Earth to win the special award "Beauty for a Cause" and she helped in establishing a US-based women's charity that seeks to raise awareness of women's rights and education in Afghanistan.
- Brazil became the first country to have a winner in all four major international pageants when Priscilla Meirelles won the title in 2004.
- Miss Earth also made headlines in 2005 when a Pakistani beauty queen, Naomi Zaman, a Miss Pakistan World winner participated for the first time.
- Miss Tibet Earth 2006 Tsering Chungtak was the first Tibetan who represented Tibet in any major international beauty pageants made headlines.
- Miss Earth made history in 2007 when delegates from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and Tibet competed altogether for the first time in any international pageant notwithstanding its international conflict.
- On 9 November 9, 2008, the pageant was held for the first time outside Metropolitan Manila. It was held at the Clark Expo Amphitheater in Angeles City, Pampanga and in 2008, the Buddhist Kingdom of Bhutan, one of the world's most isolated nations, sent its first Miss Bhutan, Tsokye Tsomo Karchun.
- The coronation night venue for Miss Earth 2009 was held at the Boracay Ecovillage Resort and Convention Center in the Island of Boracay, Philippines which was the first time that the pageant was held outside Luzon Island.
- The coronation night venue for Miss Earth 2010 was held at the Vinpearl Land Amphitheater at Nha Trang, Vietnam which was the the first time that the pageant was held outside the Philippines.
- Miss Earth 2015, the 15th edition of the Miss Earth pageant, held on 5 December 2015 at Marx Halle, Vienna, Austria was the first time that the pageant was held outside the continental Asia and the first Miss Earth pageant that was held in Europe, concurrent with the United Nations Climate Change Summit in France.
- Philippines is the first country to win the Miss Earth crown thrice (2008, 2014 and 2015), and the first country to win back-to-back titles (2014 and 2015). The first back-to-back win for any country in Miss Earth history and the first time after 6 years when Venezuela won the Miss Universe titles back-to-back (2008 and 2009) was the crowning of
- Brazil is the first country to win the Miss Earth crown twice (2004 and 2009). Followed by Venezuela in 2005 and 2013.
Post a Comment