Reposting a good article I have read while trying to figure out on what to do next after a short workout trying to relieve stress.
- Leave your work at the office
- The best way to de-stress at the end of the day is to leave your work at the office. Finish what you have to finish and then call it a day. Rid your mind of your to-do lists and other problems because you’ll have the next day to tackle it all. For now, let it all go.
- There’s just something about a good, warm meal that comforts you and makes you forget about all the stress of your day once you have that first bite. Go to your favorite restaurant and order that one special dish as your reward for a hard day’s work.
- Is that good meal not cutting it? Try having a drink (or two) to loosen up a bit and relax. CNN says, “At the ‘slight buzz’ level, alcohol is a social lubricant which often improves mood. You start to let go of a few worries, pay attention to the moment with friends.” Be careful not to go overboard though! You don’t want to nurse a hangover the next day on top of accomplishing all of your tasks.
- You’ve been working hard all day. Walk over to the mall and treat yourself with a new pair of shoes, or new clothes. Even something as simple as ice cream will do. Treat yourself to anything, big or small, and go home happy and content.
- If you’ve never tried yoga before, now is a good time to start. For beginners, you can check out Yoga with Adriene. For 20 minutes every day, calm your mind and feed your soul by following Adriene’s yoga for beginners’ video. You can also try her 30 days of yoga program, free on her website. You’ll find that even simple breathing exercises can change your mind set and help you relax for the rest of the day.
- Escape your world and enter into another with your favorite show or book. There’s just something about these fictional worlds that make us forget about the one we exist in. Get lost in the pages of your favorite book and then have a good night’s rest.
- Even during your stressful work day, you can put on your earphones and listen to music to calm down or let loose. If you don’t already have the Spotify app on your phone, download it. There are a bunch of Spotify playlists that you can choose from to match your mood. Choose beats that will calm you down or pick you up – whichever you prefer.
- Don’t have a gym membership? No problem! Go for a run in your village or around your street and release those endorphins! When you go running, researcher MK McGovern says, “These endorphins tend to minimize the discomfort of exercise, block the feeling of pain and are even associated with a feeling of euphoria.” Get that runner’s high and get fit at the same time.
- You probably talk to your friends all day in your various groups on Viber, Whatsapp, Line, or social media platforms. But being in their company is a whole lot of fun too! Catch up with friends after work and end your day with a lot of laughter and a warm heart.
- Get into the shower and lather on calming lavender bath gel, or any other scented bath gel you have lying around. Allow the hot water and scents to relax you and help you get ready for a good night’s rest.
- We’re lucky to have a lot of home massage centers all around the metro so that we can just call and enjoy a soothing massage in the comfort of our own homes. Book a massage and let your masseuse help you get rid of all that tension in your body.
- Nothing is as comforting as finally ending your day in your soft and comfy bed. Make sure to go to bed early so you can have a long sleep to prepare you for the next day.
12 Easy Ways to De-Stress At The End Of The Day