- The earliest mention of the banana pie is from 1880.
- The earliest mention of banana cream pie comes from the Blue Ribbon Cookbook of 1906.
- Unlike other versions of pies, banana pies were first made in a round shape because previous versions of pies were made in rectangular shapes.
- A version of the banana cream pie comes from England which is called the Banofee pie which is a mixture of banana cream pie and toffee.
- A banana cream pie with a "black bottom" is a banana cream pie with chocolate on the bottom.
- Bananas are proven to be an after-workout energy food.
- Bananas can help defend against anemia.
- Banana cream pie was considered an American soldier's favorite dessert in 1951.
- Bananas are a good source of potassium which is an essential nutrient used in maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance in the body.
- You can easily make a good banana cream pie with just a few ingredients – pie crusts, milk, cream, egg, banana, sugar. Simply pour your custard mixture into the pie crusts and top with whipped cream – add an extra flourish with some powdered chocolate or shredded toffee.
- Banana Cream Pie Martini:
- 2 parts Whipped Vodka
- 1 part Créme De Banana
- 1 part Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 Fresh Banana
- Graham Crackers
- Banana Cream Pie Cocktail:
- 1 ounce RumChata Cream Liqueur
- 1/4 ounce banana liqueur
- Crushed graham crackers for rimming