Here are 12 Insult Words you can use if you want to...
- Gobermouch This is an old Irish term for someone who likes to meddle in other people’s business. Everyone knows a busybody, right?
- Gnashnab Gnashnab is an 18th century northern English word, meaning someone who just complains all the time. Contemporary synonyms include nitpicker, moaner and grumbler. It's just as true now as it was back then—no one likes a gnashnab.
- Snoutband A snoutband is someone who always interrupts a conversation to correct or contradict the person speaking. Every social group has a snoutband, who thinks they know everything. They probably don't know the meaning of this word, though. At least, not yet.
- Stampcrab Someone that's clumsy and heavy of foot would be considered a stampcrab. It sounds like a good band name, doesn't it? More of those coming up, so scroll on.
- Scobblelotcher Mental Floss notes this word is "probably derived from 'scopperloit,' an old English dialect word for a vacation or a break from work." A scobberlotcher is someone who avoids hard work like it's their job. The next time you catch someone dozing off at their desk, hit 'em with this one.
- Whiffle-Whaffle This is someone who wastes a lot of time. You could easily make the case that a scobblelotcher is also a whiffle-whaffle, correct? Or would that be a ... whiffle-whaffler?
- Zooterkins The website Matador Network says this is "a 17th century variant of ‘zounds’ which was an expression of surprise or indignation." It's less of an insult and more of something to yell after someone has insulted you...but of course you can follow up with some other great words of your own.
- Zounderkite This is a Victorian word meaning idiot. This is an appropriate example with a contemporary angle, spoken with some irritation while driving on the highway: "That zounderkite just cut me off!"
- Bedswerver Shakespeare coined this one to describe an adulterer. BBC America thinks this would make a great band name, and they are totally on the mark. You're at the show, the lights go down, and suddenly through the swirling fog and darkness you hear “Good evening Cincinnati, how ya doing? We…are…Bedswerver!”
- Fopdoodle A fopdoodle is someone of little significance. So if you're letting someone get on your nerves that really shouldn't have the power, remember that they're just a fopdoodle. Then carry on.
- Klazomaniac This would be a person WHO CAN ONLY SPEAK BY SHOUTING. That's all we're going to say ABOUT THAT!
- cockalorum a boastful and self-important person; a strutting little fellow; If cockalorum suggests a crowing cock, that's because cockalorum probably comes from kockeloeren - an obsolete Dutch dialect verb meaning "to crow."