- Alfredo James Pacino was born on 25 April 1940, in the Bronx, New York, to an Italian-American family. His parents, Rose (Gerardi) and Sal Pacino, divorced when he was young.
- His maternal grandparents originate from Corleone, Sicily. His paternal grandparents originate from San Fratello, Sicily.
- Stopped a two-pack-a-day smoking habit to protect his voice (1994). In the mid-1980s, he had been smoking four packs of cigarettes a day. He now only occasionally smokes herbal cigarettes.
- He is one of the few Hollywood stars who has never married but Became a father for the first time at age 49 when his [now ex] partner Jan Tarrant gave birth to their daughter Julie Marie Pacino, aka Julie Pacino, on 16 October 1989 and became a father for the second and third time at age 60 when his [now ex] partner Beverly D'Angelo gave birth to their twins Anton and Olivia Pacino on 25 January 2001.
- In 2004, he became the 18th performer to win the Triple Crown of Acting. Oscar: Best Actor, Scent of a Woman (1992); Tony: Best Supporting Actor-Play "Does a Tiger Wear a Necktie?" (1969) and Best Actor-Play "The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel" (1977); and Emmy: Best Actor-Miniseries/Movie, Angels in America (2003).
- He was rejected repeatedly by studio heads while auditioning for the role of Michael Corleone in The Godfather (1972), but Francis Ford Coppola fought for him. This film was shot briskly because both the director and the leading actor were in constant fear of being fired. Ironically, this turned out to be a breakthrough for both.
- Imprinted his hands and signature in cement at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on 16 November 1997.
- Before becoming a professional actor he held a number of jobs including a messenger, shoe salesman, supermarket checker, shoe shiner, furniture mover, office boy, fresh-fruit polisher, and a newsboy.
- He is one of nine actors to have won the Triple Crown of Acting (an Oscar, Emmy and Tony); the others in chronological order are Thomas Mitchell, Melvyn Douglas, Paul Scofield, Jack Albertson, Jason Robards, Jeremy Irons, Geoffrey Rush and Christopher Plummer.
- He is one of the few Razzie Award winners to have won an acting award for playing himself. He won Worst Supporting Actor for Jack and Jill (2011).
- Along with Barry Fitzgerald and Sylvester Stallone, he is one of only three actors to receive Oscar nominations for both Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor for playing the same character: (1) Fitzgerald was nominated for both awards for playing Father Fitzgibbon in Going My Way (1944), (2) Pacino was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for playing Michael Corleone The Godfather (1972) and Best Actor for the same role in The Godfather: Part II (1974) and (3) Stallone was nominated for Best Actor for playing Rocky Balboa in Rocky (1976) and Best Supporting Actor for the same role in Creed (2015).
- He has worked with seven directors who have won a Best Director Oscar: Francis Ford Coppola, Sydney Pollack, William Friedkin, Warren Beatty, Oliver Stone, Steven Soderbergh and Barry Levinson.
Post a Comment