- Her real name is Angelica Locsin Colmenares.
- Locsin was born on 23 April 1985 in Santa Maria, Bulacan and has lived with her father, Angelo Colmenares, and has had no contact with her mother since the age of 14.
- She studied at St James College in Quezon City for her primary education and finished high school at the University of Santo Tomas High School in Manila.
- In August 2007, she attended a short-course for fashion design at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London.
- Despite being of Christian faith, she is a part of a Muslim Royal Family in Marawi City in the province of Lanao del Sur through her mother.
- Locsin was discovered at a shopping center by a talent scout and then auditioned for several commercials and was supposed to be a part of ABS-CBN's Star Circle Batch 9, but failed to sign a contract because her father opposed the idea.
- Later, she became a contract star of GMA Artist Center, first appearing on the second season of the teen-oriented series, Click and was also included in the cast of Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw.
- She came to prominence for her television roles as Alwina in the 2004 fantasy-themed television series Mulawin and as the superheroine Darna in the TV adaptation of the Mars Ravelo comics.
- Locsin's first film appearance was in 2000 via Ping Lacson Supercop, wherein she played the role of a young Robina Gokongwei.
- Locsin was a contract artist of GMA Network up to early 2007 until she transferred to its rival network, ABS-CBN.
- She later on starred in blockbuster films In The Name Of Love and One More Try for which she garnered critical acclaim for both performances earning her the Star Award for Movies for Movie Actress of the Year and the Box-Office Entertainment Award for Film Actress of the Year, winning both awards two consecutive years.
- In 2013, she won the FAMAS Award and the Film Academy of the Philippines Award for best actress for her performance in One More Try.
Post a Comment