- Gal Gadot-Varsano (Hebrew: גל גדות, pronounced [ˈɡal ɡaˈdot]; born 30 April 1985) and raised in Rosh HaAyin, Israel.
- In Hebrew, her first name means "wave" and her surname means "riverbanks".
- Her first name is pronounced like ''doll''.
- She is the daughter of Irit (née Weiss), a teacher, and Michael Gadot, an engineer.
- At the age of 18, Gadot won the 2004 Miss Israel competition, and next competed in the 2004 Miss Universe pageant in Ecuador. won the Miss Israel title in 2004, and represented Israel at the 2004 Miss Universe beauty pageant.
- She served for two years as sports trainer in the Israeli Defense Forces.
- Gadot married Israeli real estate developer Yaron Varsano on 28 September 2008 and they have two daughters, her 1st child at age 26, a daughter named Alma Versano in November 2011, and her 2nd child at age 31, a daughter named Maya Versano in March 2017.
- The couple owned a luxury hotel in the Neve Tzedek district of Tel Aviv, which they sold to Roman Abramovich in 2015 for $26 million.
- She is the first non-American actress to play Diana Princess/Wonder Woman.
- She is an avid motorcycle rider and owns a black 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R.
- She is the first actress to portray Diana Prince/Wonder Woman in a live-action theatrical film. Lynda Carter only performed the role for television.
- In 2016, Wonder Woman played by Gadot (along with Lynda Carter) was named an Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women & Girls by the United Nations. Subsequently, Gadot was invited to give a speech at the UN in New York City.
Post a Comment