- Gary Valenciano was born on 6 August 1964 in Santa Mesa, Manila as Edgardo Jose "Gary" Santiago Valenciano.
- Gary Valenciano is the sixth of seven children of Vicente Calacas Valenciano, a Bicolano from Camalig, Albay and Grimilda Santiago y Olmo, a Puerto Rican from Arecibo.
- Gary Valenciano is also known as Gary V. and Mr. Pure Energy.
- Gary Valenciano has released 39 albums, and won the Awit Awards (Song Awards) for "Best Male Performer" twelve times.
- Gary Valenciano is married to María Anna Elizabeth "Angeli" Pangilinan, with whom he has three children: Paolo Valenciano (vocalist of the band Salamin, and is married to Samantha Godinez) with a grandchild Nataleia Martine, José Angelo Gabriel Valenciano (singer, keyboardist, dancer, and is married to Tricia Centenera) and Kristiana María Mikaela (model-turned-singer).
- Gary Valenciano is a diabetic, just like his mother Grimilda who is also diabetic.
- He first appeared as a solo artist in 1982 in the television programme, The Pilita and Jackie Show, and later in Germspesyal and Penthouse Live.
- He had his first solo concert in April 1984 at the Araneta Coliseum, followed by a number of albums.
- Gary Valenciano is personally managed by his wife Angeli Pangilinan-Valenciano and sister Gina Valenciano-Martinez of Manila Genesis Entertainment and Management, Inc.
- In 1978, at 14 years old, Valenciano made his first television appearance in an advertisement for local soft-drink, (defunct) Fress Gusto.
- First artist in the world to have a Sennheiser Special Edition microphone named after him - Sennheiser Evolution Series 2001.
- First & current UNICEF National Ambassador of Goodwill in the Philippines from 1998–present.
Post a Comment